How To Install Halo® Exterra® In A Retrofit With Vinyl Siding
If the existing walls do not have a layer of structural sheathing, they may require bracing per local building codes.
- Tightly butt the edges of Exterra Panels together (max 1/32” gap).
- Fasten Exterra to the studs or the sheathing (as the case may be), per Halo’s fastening recommendations.
- Seal all joints and fastener penetrations in the layer of Exterra in order to ensure a proper water-resistive barrier is maintained.
- Vertically install and fasten 1×3 wood strapping (min ¾” thick) over Exterra with a maximum spacing of 16” o/c, aligning the strapping to the framing studs.
- Attach the vinyl siding to the wood strapping. Follow the installation recommendations of the vinyl siding manufacturer.